First Holy Communion
Director: Charity Firestone
Phone: 334-277-1989 (office) or 509-389-0399 (cell)
Email: [email protected]
First Holy Communion
At Holy Spirit Parish preparation for First Holy Communion is during second grade. Students will prepare either at school (if they attend Montgomery Catholic Preparatory School) or in our Children's Faith Formation program. In both instances, First Reconciliation is prepared for and celebrated first semester and First Holy Communion is prepared for and celebrated second semester. (To register in our Children's Faith Formation classes, click here)
Faith Formation classes are offered Sundays from 9:15am – 10:45am (see calendar )
- If your child is in need of these sacraments out of these scheduled preparation years, we have options. One of those is a special RCIA adapted for children class. Please contact us if your child is in need of preparation.
Parent Meeting TBD
Other Important Dates TBD
First Reconciliation: Saturday, December 12, 2020 (Faith Formation Students)
First Holy Communion: Saturday, April 24, 2021
- White dress.
- Sleeveless dresses are ok; no strapless tops or spaghettis straps. Wide straps are okay. If you need to cover shoulders, a shrug is suggested.
- Socks or stockings should be worn.
- Appropriate white dress shoes – if sandals they must have a strap in the back and no high heels or wedges - they must have flat bottoms.
- No purses or gloves during Mass but can be in pictures.
- Veils are encouraged; no hats, please.
- Veils and/or ribbons from the headpiece should be manageable for your daughter.
- WARNING: Sprayed in sparkles or glitter can flake into a girl’s eyes and cause distress and tears.
- Students will not be permitted to carry anything (prayer books, rosary beads, etc.) during their First Communion but may have them for professional photographs.
- Dress slacks.
- Button-down white dress shirt and tie.
- Suits, sport coats, or a vest.
- Socks must be worn with appropriate dress shoes.
- Students will not be permitted to carry anything (prayer books, rosary beads, etc.) into the sanctuary or during their First Communion but may have them for professional photographs.