Nursery Supervisor: Charity Firestone
Email: [email protected]
Sunday 7:45am – 12:15pm (for Mass & Faith Formation)
Thursday 9:30am – 11:00am (for Mother’s Prayer & Study Group)
Age & Capacity:
For children age 12 months – 4 years (once they turn 5 they’ve aged out)
3 children per caregiver -spots are first come, first serve – max capacity 9 children
Screening questions asked upon entry
(Children under 5 are not required to wear masks by Archdiocesan policy.)
Extra precautions – see Nursery Covid Policy posted on the church website
All forms must be filled out prior to attending the nursery – 3 forms
Forms can be found on the website, in the parish office, or at the nursery door.
We welcome the children of our community into a safe, positive, inviting, and enriching environment while encouraging each child to encounter Jesus,
the Good Shepherd, in our Montessori inspired nursery.
The nursery is available for children ages 12 months through four years old. You must fill out a registration form for each child attending the nursery. Please stop by the nursery, parish office, or print the forms linked below.
Parents and guardians may leave a child in the nursery ONLY to attend Mass or an event at Holy Spirit Parish. You must remain on campus at one of the listed events while your child is in the nursery:
- Sunday morning 7:45am-12:15pm (for 8am Mass, 9:15am-10:45am Children and Adult Faith Formation & RCIA, 9:30am Mass and 11am Mass)
- Thursday morning 9:00am- 11:00am (for Mothers’ Prayer and Study Group)
- The First Friday of the month 5:15pm-7:45pm (for First Friday Family Adoration; Begins in September)
- Other occasional events as advertised in the bulletin or requested by organizations.
The nursery is staffed with both paid employees and volunteers.
- The Nursery Supervisor is a licensed nurse.
- All employees are CPR and First Aid certified, have successfully completed a required background check, and have completed Child Protection training through the Archdiocese of Mobile.
Adults are welcome to volunteer in the Nursery. Parents/Guardians are encouraged to do so as they are able. All adult volunteers must have a background check and be Child Protection trained in the Archdiocese of Mobile.
- Teens over the age of 12 are also permitted to volunteer in the nursery as a Teen Aide after undergoing training.
- Contact the Nursery Supervisor to volunteer and arrange training.